Fitting the Mask
- Remove your SleepWeaver® Advance Mask from the packaging.
- Connect the tubing from your CPAP or Bi-Level machine to the Swivel Connector on the front of the mask.
- Turn on your CPAP or Bi-Level machine at your prescription pressure.
- When the mask inflates, hold the headgear with both hands, position the mask on your nose, and pull the headgear over your head. Make sure that the cup of the mask is centered over your nose, and align the Head Strap to the center of your head.
- Pull the headgear over the back of your head until the Neck Strap is snug just below your ears.
- If you experience leaks, adjust the mask as described on the following page.
- Lie down in your normal sleeping position. If any leaks occur, readjust the mask.
Adjusting for Leaks
If you experience leaks, try these steps:
- With your CPAP or Bi-Level machine on and at your prescription pressure, pinch the portion of the mask directly over your nose, pull the mask slightly away from your face, towards your feet, and gently release.
- If you experience leaks from the sides of the mask, adjust the Neck Straps by unhooking the tab from the strap and pulling the straps out to tighten the mask, then re-latching the tab to the strap.
- If you experience leaks into your eyes, adjust the Head Strap.
- At times it is possible to stop leaks and get a better fit by loosening the mask just a bit, then repeating Step 1.
- If the above fails to make a good seal, please contact your home care provider or our Customer Care Department (724-858-2837) for further assistance.
Tip # 1
- I found that if I put the mask on before turning on the blower and making sure my nose was completely in the opening – then turning on the blower and making small tugs if there were any leaks worked best for me.
- I have never been able to get rid of all the leaks if I start with the blower on.
- I also went to a light weight hose to keep the weight of the hose from pulling on the mask.
Tip # 2
- I had an idea which seems to have panned out – which is relaxing the jaw while fitting the mask, since many people’s facial conformations change once the jaw is relaxed. I tried the mask again last night, only I relaxed my jaw as I was fitting the mask. And it worked really well! Its comfortable, quiet and excellent for side sleeping!
- Turn the machine on and position your nose in the opening comfortably.
- Then stop the machine.
- Hold the material at the top and bottom of the nose opening – with your nose in the hole – all the while pulling the material at the top and bottom in their opposite directions.
- Then pull the material the opposite directions left and right – with your nose in the opening still.
- Make sure the elastic part is on the center of your forehead.
- Then turn the machine back on.
Tip # 4
- Place mask on face without the machine.
- Turn on air.
- Pull mask down and away at a 30 degree angle.
- Bring mask back to your face and push slightly. (this seems to seat it a bit more)
- Wait just a minute or two – the mask begins to mold to your face and upon lying down, the little leaks disappear.